my daughter calls music "mukiss". she likes practicing her opposites in the car (really just telling mommy what to do but i like to live in a dream world)...and says mukiss on, mukiss off....sun woof open, sun woof close. this continues until mommy starts twitching and pulls a snack out of the purse to change the focus.
ok, back to mukiss. i love mukiss. i wake up with a song in my head, i listen to mukiss in the car and all day at work. i love all kinds of mukiss. my first mukiss memories are playing my disco duck record over and over again. my mom has 8mm videos of me dancing around the house with a tutu on when i was around 2 or 3 and she said i would dance for hours. when i hear mukiss with a good beat i have a really hard time standing still....and if i am standing still i am dancing my ass off in my head with lights and a stage and a sparkly sweat band and everything.....i don't discriminate with my mukiss...just like the good stuff i can either shake my booty to or get chills from. i do have an aversion to classical because thats all my mom listens to and when she would wake us up in the morning to go to school she would blast it on our stereos so it just brings back bad memories..tee hee....but i do appreciate that it's beautiful mukiss. i love 80's alternative mukiss like the cure, the smiths, morrissey, depeche mode....i'll rock out to some cranberries, rage against the machine (especially while working out), lincoln park, gorillaz, everclear, the killers....love disco, funk and some classic rock....thanks to my hippie hubby i've added jam bands to my favs like phish, widespread panic, string cheese and derek trucks band....but above all...i must admit that my heart belongs to hip-hop and r&b.....from the soothing beats of john legend, robin thicke, anita baker and my favorite mary j blige to the medium core beats of beastie boys, cypress hill, snoop, tribe called quest, justin timberlake to the hard coreness of biggie smalls, tu pac, dmx, lil wayne, t pain, eminem.....and the list goes on.
my husband recently told me in the car, while i was bustin some rhymes and spittin some verses, "you know that your daughter will be a teenager one day"....meaning do you hear the lyrics to these songs? and thats the difference between he and i...he could tell you what each song that he listens to means and i just sing and dance...it's all about the beats to me. so i guess one day i will have to be a more responsible mom but until then i'm all about the five o'clock free ride!
ok, so getting to my inspiration for this blog.....this morning i'm driving into work and it's a beautiful morning so i have my window down and hot 96.3 blasting. i'm coming down capital which is a 4 lane one way street and i'm in the furthest left lane. the light turns yellow far away enough that i have to come to a quick stop and i'm the first in line at the red light. seconds before i stop, this song begins.....please enjoy....
let me paint more of the picture....sunny beautiful morning, window down, volume extremely high, business woman in a silver maxima with a car seat in the back (i did not subject my daughter to this, and for the record i never blast it when she's in the car because she makes me turn it off anyway) sitting totally straight up (because any recline in the seat sits the baby on my lungs) at the newly turned red light with "walk it out" pouring from the speakers.........i look to my left and standing right next to my car are three middle age white business people, waiting for the walk sign to illuminate, staring at me in complete shock. their faces screamed a combo of i'm still half sleeping so my reaction time to pretend that i'm not staring at this women is off + am i still dreaming? + is that music really coming from her car? + i kind of like it and am going to walk it out on this crosswalk....
the end
11 comments:
i flippin love it! that is HI-larious!!! i can just see you casually glancing over at them and then looking back straight ahead, unphased. tell me you was bobbin yo head. nothin says street like a maxima with a carseat!
now, if you were to encounter 3 gangstas, you don't roll up the windows and lock the doors like michael bolton does do you?
Aw.
I love mukiss too.
I love mukiss as well. My son used to call Pop Tarts "Tar Tarps." I miss those days.
I am soo with you. In my heart, I'm a dancin' machine...I fear I will embarrass my son one day. He's not born yet, but already I worry about what kind of mukiss I'll have to "jam" out to in the car!
I think our funniest was when Oliver used to get excited about frogs. And he would yell FROG! whenever he saw one. But he'd say "fog" with a very hard "g". Definitely turned some heads.
I like the image of the shocked business people. Too funny!
Oh my gosh! LOL Where ya been all my life soul sistah!? Everytime I see you comment over at Heidi's place I sing "I'm pregalicious..." to the tune of Fergalicious.
My kids are older and are beginning to be horrified when Mama turns the music up while the windows are down and people can SEE us! *gasp* And are you CAR DANCING, Moth-ER?!
HA!
And now this song will be stuck in my head all day.
You can dance, you can jive, having the time of your life
See that girl, watch that scene, dig in the dancing queen
Cute! You are so good with the posts... OK- you said Gabby had that blankie- do you know where I can get a spare. It was a shower gift and I have been looking all over- just wondering. Hope the pregnancy is not too yucky... I'm trying to appreciate the middle chunk although I'm not a huge fan of the whole thing. Growing people is hard work :)
I hope you shouted "Yo, what up dawg!" out the window at them while rubbing your big belly.
Crackin up at this post! Um, I do just a little car dancing myself! Jake gets horribly embarrassed but Maeci joins right in!
"Yo, what up dawg!" would have been hilarious!
hey- thanks for the lamby info :) No- I didn't have any major issues with the 10lbs. Are you expecting gigantism? I for sure thought it would be bad because I am not so big but it wasn't- except for some stitches etc. They did check him because a lot of times babies that big break their collar bones being born- sad. I'm prayer for a baby in the eights this time :) I told my doctor I wanted to be induced early and she said 'it's great that you can have such big babies' - no luck. being super pregnant with that kind of giantness is bad. i feel like i have been pregnant or nursing forever. Hang in there.
Post a Comment